In my opinion, this tuber should be named the world's foremost comfort food. Boiled, fried, sauteed, mashed and even salad-ified, to make people all over the world feel better about themselves, the potato is a champion.
This particular salad makes me feel better about myself, because it's quick, it's easy, it tastes AMAZING and I can tell myself that I'm eating greens because of the spring onions.
2 medium potatoes
2 cups of water
1 sprig spring onions
3 cloves of garlic
2 tbsp mayonnaise (I'll be putting up a recipe to make your own soon!)
1 egg (optional)
salt to taste
pepper to taste
1. Start by pressure cooking your potatoes with the water on high heat.Don't forget to add the weight on your cooker! Wait for 5 whistles, turn the heat off and let your potatoes cook in the remaining heat.
2. If using the egg, boil the egg for 7 - 8 minutes on high heat for a perfectly golden and runny egg yolk, surrounded by the cooked white. If you want your egg hard boiled, boil it to a good 10 - 12 minutes. Once the time is up, turn the heat off and submerge your egg in cold water (or whatever temperature water comes out of your tap).
3. As the potatoes cook, chop your sprig of spring onions, using the entire sprig right until the end, where you need only to throw away the tip of the root. Peel, crush and chop the garlic. And get your mayonnaise out of the fridge.
4. Now, take your potatoes out of the pressure cooker, peel them and chop them into bite sized chunks.
5. Peel your egg and cut them into roughly the same size as your potato chunks.
6. Mix all of your ingredients together, season with salt and pepper and voila! You're done!